Wednesday, April 18, 2012

All things yard

My morning has consisted of soothing Talis multiple times (he keeps getting into things and getting hurt that little rascal), picking up clutter, and listening to Temper Trap while I simultaneously research landscapers to do our backyard. I just set up an appointment on Friday to get an estimate and I am so excited! Even though our backyard is the size of most closets (and not the spacious walk in ones) I am a true believer that no matter what you have, whether it be a lot or a little, expensive or not, big or small, you need to take pride in it and take care of it. Unfortunately I have fallen really short of that with our backyard. Two dogs, a baby, and a two story household (note to reader: two stories are hard to clean! one stories are where it's at) leaves me beaten and tired which has resulted in our yard to look like Iraq but with more doggie messes. I'm dreaming big for our backyard guys and Pinterest is not helping. I wonder if it would be logical to incorporate some of these ideas in a 10x10 backyard......


This window is begging for me and Dj to do a reenactment of Romeo and Juliet's balcony scene

I'm day dreaming of sunny spring naps on this already

Is this porch not the prettiest? (I never thought I'd describe a porch as pretty...)

The perfect little backyard hideout




Okay so these backyard ideas will most likely have to be filed away for when one day Dj and I build our dream house but it sure does get my creative side thinking of the possibilities for our humble little backyard. What would you put in your dream backyard?

No comments: