Tuesday, July 3, 2012

the northwest episodes: eagle eyes in spotting eagles


While we were driving we kept entertained by playing the categories road trip game and talking excessively about how cute Talis is. when we were driving the stretch from Ruby Beach to the Sol Duc Falls (which we sadly ran out of time to end up seeing) we spotted some vultures up ahead eating something on the side of the road. When we got a little closer Dj realized there was also a bald eagle there and we all about freaked. Just then the eagle took off and started flying with our car! I tried to get the best picture I could on my phone . We may have turned the car around to take pictures of the eagle in a nearby tree and we may have waited for a significant time in hopes it would fly closer and we may have discovered that what the eagle was eating was a dead deer on the side of the road and I may have taken a picture of it....maybe....I'll go ahead and just blame it on not thinking straight due to how blown my mind was about seeing a real life eagle in the wild.

No comments: