Tuesday, July 3, 2012

feeling lucky

wrote this post right before we left for the airport a few weeks ago and forgot to post it. Normally I would just not post it but it was too sweet not to, memories like this one need to be remembered...

_________________________________________________________________________________


This morning has been a whirlwind of commotion and emotions (hey that rhymes). As we get ready to head up to Seattle today we've been busy packing, cleaning, packing, and some more cleaning. I have this really annoying OCD habit about having to have my house spotless clean before leaving on vacation or going out of town. If it's not, it completely throws off my vacation mojo and it's in the back of my mind the whole time. This morning as DJ headed off to work to try to chip away at the ever growing amount of work he needed to get done before we left I found myself trying to shower/pack/care for Talis/and clean house all at the same time. Needless to say I was failing miserably getting panicked and stressed which lead to a very undeserving phone call to said husband where I complained to him about how much I needed to get done (It's a wonder how this guy lives with me I tell ya). And just when I thought the world was ending (because that's how dramatic I was being) Talis started to calm down, I realized I was done with packing, and the house was almost clean. But the real icing on the cake was seeing DJ come home with a smile on his face as he quickly disappeared to the backyard to do yard work before we left. That guy sure does love me. And while I'm still getting used to the fact that having a family means more dirty floors and piles of laundry more often than not I'm pretty lucky to share those dirty floors and piles of laundry with these two guys (and thank you bunches for putting up with all my quirks and faults, I sure love you two for it).


No comments: