Tuesday, November 5, 2013

3 Queens

Somedays I struggle with being a stay-at-home mom. I feel incredibly blessed that I am able to stay at home with our boys and that we don't have to take them to daycare or know that anyone but me will be watching them throughout the day. I know that being home with them is where I should be to best be able to teach and nurture my children. But it doesn't mean that there are moments or days where I wish differently.

 I've had my fair share of moments when I see fellow women my age with nice wardrobes were I'm still squeezing into faded and out of style clothes that I've had since high school because new clothes for me just isn't in our budget and I've considered going back to work just to be able to go shopping when I please. Days where Talis won't listen to a thing I say and Miles won't let me put him down and I wish that I was in an office somewhere surrounded by people that won't pound on the door and yell for me when I'm going to the bathroom. I like to think that this is normal. That all moms feel this way to some degree. I may be wrong, I may be the only one that struggles with having the blessing of being a stay-at-home mom because it is a blessing.

I found this video on Vimeo the other day and it nearly made me tear up. I was having one of those days I was talking about and was about to throw in the towel for the day (In retrospect I pretty much already did, I hid out in my room looking at videos on Vimeo while the boys watched cartoons downstairs) when I came across this video. It really helped to turn my day around, gave me a much needed new perspective for the day. Instead of feeling burdened with the title of a stay-at-home mom I again felt honored.

So for any moms out there that might be feeling a little under appreciated and overwhelmed today check out this video and it will remind you just how lucky us moms are.

 3 Queens from Matt 

2 comments:

Aston Family said...

Leilani! I miss your pretty face!! You are an amazing Mom whether you stay home, work or whatever you do! You are the best Momma to your boys and they are so blessed to have you! Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lei. I was in need of that of so desperately today. Love you.