Friday, December 19, 2008

This week

It always seems that DJ and I are always on different schedules! So my last final and last day of school for this semester was on Tuesday. Which means that ever since Tuesday after my final I've officially done nothing! I've just been lollygagging around the house trying to entertain myself. And of course ever since Tuesday DJ has been swamped with work and we've only been able to see each other a few times in between. It's funny because almost the entire semester while I was constantly busy with school, schoolwork, and volleyball DJ was always wanting attention from me because he was always bored and now, it's totally reversed!! I swear we're never going to be on the same schedule! haha For the most part I've been filling my days with sleeping in :) , going over to my grandparents to spend time with them, tv watching, movie watching, and spending time ( probably way to much time for any human being) with my dogs. DJ being the hard and driven worker he is has been getting off work exhausted!! Lucky for me a girlfriend and trusty bridesmaid of mine, Sam, came home yesterday from college and I got to spend last night hanging out with her and Gen. Man do I miss my those girls!! Even though Gen lives down the street we never really find time to hang out like us three girls got to last night. They are two of the most amazing friends I ever could have asked for! We spent the night catching up and I can't rememeber the last time I stayed up till about 1:30 in the morning laughing. And this wasn't the typical laugh this was the deep-in-your-gut thunder belly laugh that you get the chance to use every now and then. It felt so good to hang out with them! These last few days have definately helped me appreciate things that I think I tend to overlook. So I decided to make a list of things that I am grateful for that I don't often realize.

Things I am blessed with (specifically things that are overlooked and underexpressed):
1. DJ's job. He loves where he works and what he does. What more could you ask?
2. Girls Nights. Though all my girlfriends are drastically different and unique in their own way they all have a common thread, we have the funnest time together.
3. My mom's personality. As much as I love my mom at times and as much as she frustrates me at times, She has the best laidback and funloving personality. Especially for someone who's been through a lot like she has.
4. Rain. I'm still a little bummed our wedding photo shoot was cut short because it started to rain so much, but it always feels and smells so good after it rains :)
5. MY DOGS!! This one is definately not overlooked or underexpressed. I spoil my dogs rotten everyday day and every chance I get but as I was writing this I looked over at my loud-snoring, smelly, overwieght, and baby-faced lab Rex and my heart melted like butter!!
CASE IN POINT --> Life is never as bad as it might seem. No matter what you're always going to have too many blessings to count.

No comments: